Benefits for For Public Health
Click here for a Panel discussion/Q&A with an Orthoptist and Public Health Nurses on how they use SchoolScreener software to manage screening in their areas.
The bottom line:
- Would you like to offer the highest quality vision and hearing screening?
- Would you like to automate administration associated with the (UK) National Child Measurement Programme?
- Would you like to provide parents with customised reports of the results?
- Would you like to ensure that all children with vision and hearing problems are followed through the pathway and get the intervention they need?
- Would you like real time audit data showing how well the screening programme is doing?
- Would you like to do all this for a fraction of the cost of conventional methods?
School Screener is the solution!
NHS guidelines recommend that all children should be screened during their first year at school. However, surveys by the RNIB and WHICH? Magazine have shown that at least a third of children in England are not currently tested. Even where a screening programme is in place, the methods are often variable and children are rarely followed through the referral pathway.
The School Screener system provides an efficient and cost effective tool to help you implement a vision and hearing screening programme in your area. The system can also be used to collect height and weight data thus meeting the requirements of the NCMP.
- School Screener manages the full screening process including vision, hearing and height/weight testing, back office administration (including personalised letters to parents/carers), management of the referral pathway and feedback to schools.
- Screening can be performed by those with minimal clinical expertise significantly reducing staff costs
- Automated back office function reduce requirement for administrative support
- Managers have access to detailed management information and audit allowing timely interventions and decision making on resource allocation and quality control.
- Fewer false positives saves costs in secondary care and saves time for clinicians, children and their parents.
- The software fully conforms with the requirements and protocols of the NHS National Screening Committee and can be customised to meet your exact requirements.
We would be delighted to arrange for a demonstration of this radical solution. You will not be disappointed.
“We are now in complete control of our school screening programme”
“The School Screener Software has substantially improved the effectiveness of school screening
with benefits for children’s development and cost savings for Special Needs”
The software has proved easy to use and delivered benefits rapidly, enabling Band 2s to successfully deliver screening across the county and improving the team’s efficiency and effectiveness through the software managing testing, administration, pathway management and audit. As a result, the Trust has now decided to extend use of the School Screener software, agreeing a three-year contract to include hearing and BMI screening in addition to vision, for all reception children.”